Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

Dave Grohl on Glee



Dave Grohl is one of the many people I had no idea existed. I just turned on my computer after eating lunch and bam! he's on my homepage, the article heading Dave Grohl blasts Glee caught my attention and I clicked it and learned that he was the Foo Fighters' frontman and that he hates Glee because the show's creator Ryan Murphy criticized the bands that didn't want they're music played on the show. Kings of Leon and Slash  being the first.
"F**k you Kings of Leon. They're self-centred a*sholes, and they're missing the big picture. They missed that a seven-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument." Murphy had reportedly said when they told him he couldn't use 'Use Somebody' on his show making Grohl tell a Hollywood reporter:  "It's every band's right, you shouldn't have to do f***ing 'Glee'. And then the guy who created 'Glee' is so offended that we're not, like, begging to be on his f***ing show . f**k that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do 'Glee'.'What a f***ing jerk (Murphy). Slash was the first one. He wanted to do Guns N' Roses and Slash is like, 'I hate f***ing musicals. It's worse than 'Grease'.Then [Murphy's] like, 'Well, of course he'd say that, he's a washed up old rock star, that's what they f***ing do.' And then Kings of Leon say, 'No, we don't want to be on your show.' And then he's like, 'Snotty little a*sholes...'And it's just like, 'Dude, maybe not everyone loves 'Glee'. Me included."

This didn't really make my day so I'll write about something else now...

'til next time, optimists!
Ava Y.


No comments:

Post a Comment