Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

Five things I love...and hate!

Things I'm loving:

5. Beth Ditto


Born Mary Beth Patterson she is more famously known as the extraordinary singer Beth Ditto. I didn't know who in the world she was until I went on the Internet and up pops her name on my homepage (a news/entertainment site), interested I asked around on Facebook and my cousin told me the most informative I had gotten.
"She hates Katy." The little Katy Perry fan sniffed."Check out the link to see what she said."
Even more interested I did click it and found that she really did not like miss Perry.
"I hate Katy Perry! She's offensive to gay culture, I'm so offended." She says angrily about Katy and her song 'I kissed a girl'."She's just riding on the backs of our culture, without having to pay any of the dues and not being actually lesbian or anything at all. She's on the cover of a f***ing gay magazine."
Although I like Katy Perry and also know that she made the song because she wanted to kiss Scarlett Johansson before she gets married and was simply writing on what it would feel like that wasn't what made miss Ditto land on the list but that she doesn't really give a damn about what anybody says.
"I was always afraid of losing part of myself, of people trying to control me. That was frightening. But I was never afraid of what people might think. But then, you can't join the punk scene if you're scared of what people think." She tells the press when people start losing interest in her.

Now that is what am talkin' 'bout!

4. Make-up Tutorials

Okay, I'm not a vain person right now or ever and I had nothing to do with my make-up that's until I found Bubs (bubzbeauty) on Youtube. Bubs is a cute asian in japan (please wish the japanese safety) who has the cutest accent. I loved her tutorials so much that I subscribed to her and that's when I also met the channels Pixiwoo, vintageortacky, AprilAthena7 and many more.It's kinda sad actually, come to think of it 'cause they probably don't know me much and will be shocked when I tell them I blogged on them (I hope they don't mind) 'cause I don't post so much on their videos 'cause I don't want to seem annoying...So anyway, not only have I been getting better hair by using yogurt (thanks for the tip, Bubs!) I have entered a contest as mentioned in my earlier posts, I have gotten  many comments for my make-up (thanks, Sam and Nic! congrats on the baby as well, Nic) but now I have an excuse for raiding my make-up kits (which looks absolutely horrible now). :)

3. Nobody by The Script


Youtube the song...I can only wish he thought the same...

2. Lonely Girl By P!nk
My life's song..

1. P!nk

Born Alecia Moore she is now my idol (I don't have many...one actually) I got hooked up on her when I listened to her song 'Perfect' on the radio. And she has so many songs I can relate to. I just love her!


Things I hate:

5. Facebook advertisements

The stupid things slows down my laptop! Arghh!

4. Kristen Stewart

Sorry Twilight fans but...she cannot act.

3. The names 'Jade' and 'Olivia'

I hate a girl who has both those names.

2. Miley Cyrus

Doesn't she know what picture she's painting for little girls?!

1. My Blog

I'm so jealous of everybody else's blogs! I don't know how to work the 'pages' thingy thing thing! Help me! D: 

Make-up tutorial channels I recommened:


If I missed something or you want to suggest a channel/blog/stuff comment please!

Ava Y. (Jayla Magic)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog! I heard of beth ditto and now I have to check her out ;)

    ReplyDelete